I have to admit, I’m not a big TV watcher but I love The Great British Baking Show ! The competitors are always baking something that looks so delicious and tempting to the point where my husband will ask if we have any dessert to eat! For the finale 😩 I made this keto friendly cheesecake so we wouldn’t feel deprived while looking at all the yummy bakes on the show.
This cheesecake has a walnut/pecan crust, and is pretty simple to make. If you have a larger capacity food processor or blender you can use it for making the crust and the filling. I decided to skip the water bath that you would usually bake a cheesecake in because it was too much work 😉. The cheesecake still came out super silky and delicious.
Easy Low-Carb Cheesecake
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp Erythritol (I used Swerve)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 8 oz packages full fat cream cheese cut into smaller pieces
- 1 cup erythritol
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- zest from one lemon
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom of a 9-in springform pan.
- In a food processor, place the walnuts, pecans, sweetener, and cinnamon. Pulse until finely chopped. With processor running on high, drizzle in the melted butter until well combined and mixture starts to pul slightly away from bowl.
- Press the crust into the bottom of the pan, making sure it's spread as even as possible.
- Bake crust for 12-15 minutes
- Remove crust from oven and allow to cool slightly while making the filling for the cheesecake
- Wipe out the food processor bowl, or if you have a blender you can use it as well.
- Place inside the processor/blender the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, sweetener, lemon zest and blend until silky smooth about 1-2 mins. Scrape sides of bowl
- Add the heavy whipping cream and process for about 30 seconds more. Scrape sides of bowl again.
- Place the springform pan with the crust on a baking sheet. Pour the filling into the crust
- Bake 45-50 minutes, the center of the cheesecake should be slightly jiggly.
- Turn oven off and open door slightly. Allow cheesecake to cool inside oven, this will preventive top from cracking because of extreme temperature change.
- Once cheesecake has cooled inside oven to where if can be easily handled, place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours. I placed mine in the freezer to speed up the process because we were too eager to eat it 😋
- Let me know how you liked this recipe if you try it, and please rate it at the bottom of post❤️❤️❤️