*Please note, the following post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” Disclaimer
This delicious cake is bursting with fresh strawberry flavor. Easy to make and oh so satisfying. I hope you give it a try when you’re in the mood for something sweet, or are planning a special dessert.
Low Carb Strawberry and Cream Cake
- 3 cups Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Erythritol confectioner style
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 0.3oz Box of sugar free strawberry jell-o gelatin it’s the smallest box they sell
- 8 tbsp butter unsalted room temperature 1 stick
- 4 eggs large, room temperature, separated
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup full fat plain greek yogurt, room temperature
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup freeze dried strawberries, crushed
Strawberries and Cream Frosting
***Extra layer of pudding ( optional please see recipe note at bottom or recipe)
- 1 box 0.8 oz jell-o sugar free cook and serve vanilla pudding this is completely optional. IIf you decide to use it as an extra layer between cake layers to the addition of the whipped cream it will add 1.6 extra grams carbs per slice. Cook according to directions using whole milk instead of fat free and let cool completely before using.
- Preheat oven to 350F, butter 2, 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a small bowl whip the egg whites until soft peaks form( when you lift the beaters the peaks gently fold over), set aside
- In a medium bowl whisk together the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, salt, packet of jell-o powder, and the freeze dried strawberries
- In a large bowl beat the butter until fluffy, add the 2 egg yolks one at a time, vanilla extract, yogurt, and whipping cream. Beat together until incorporated.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat until well combined. Gently fold in the egg whites until well combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly amongst the 2 cake pans. It might seem like small amount of batter but it will be enough for each layer.
- Bake for 22-25 mins or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pans for 10 mins, then invert onto cooling rack and let cool completely.
- While the cakes are cooling make the frosting by pouring the cold whipping cream into a large bowl, add the erythritol, and vanilla extract. At this point I start whipping the mixture and once it slightly thickens I taste to see if I need more sweetener. Whip until firm and resembles whipped cream, being careful not to over whip or it will turn to butter. Once it is whipped cream consistency, fold in the crushed strawberries.
- Assemble the cake by placing one cake on a platter, top with whipped cream followed by the sliced strawberries, place other cake on top and cover entire cake in whipped cream. Decorate with the fresh sliced strawberries and sprinkle with more crushed strawberries if desired. Enjoy !!!