*Please note, the following post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” Disclaimer
I had some free time today (yey me!) after finishing up an order for slippers from my Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/kikiandalex/ and decided to bake up a batch of these yummy almond cookies.
These are not your regular cookies, they are pillowy soft and have an almost cake-like texture. I love the almond flavor, it reminds me of marzipan which goes beautifully with the dark chocolate chips inside.
These cookies whip up real quick which is great when the cravings set in!
Low Carb Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup sweetener I used Swerve Confectioners style
- 2 eggs large
- 2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips I use Lily's
- 30 almonds for topping cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter with the sweetener until light in color and fluffy ( 1-2 mins)
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each one. Add in the vanilla and almond extract and mix
- Add to the mixture the almond flour and baking soda and mix. Fold in the chocolate chips
- Using a cookie scoop or a teaspoon, scoop the dough into 30 mounds. Top each cookie with an almond and gently press it into the cookies
- Bake for 12-15 mins( mine were perfect at 13) but everyones oven is different. When you pull the cookies out of the oven they will feel soft,almost not done. Don't be tempted to bake them for longer, when they cool they have a wonderful texture. Enjoy!!!
Please rate recipe at the bottom if you tried it and loved it ❤️
Love these cookies. Totally gonna try them!