My daughter loves Gold Fish Crackers, so I thought I would try and recreate some of that flavor in a gluten-free, keto friendly version of THAT cracker. While I was making them my daughter said the house smells like macaroni and cheese! I have to admit this was a bit experimental, but they did come out rather tasty. Now, they are not super crunchy like regular crackers, they have more of a puff pastry texture, but are very cheddar…y? (I’m sure that’s not a proper word)
I rolled my dough thin so I could get more of a crunch out of them after baking. I also added some shredded parmesan on top before baking to give them more of a salty cheese flavor. To some I sprinkled sea salt on top and then parmesan, that is your choice if you want to follow OR simply use salt/parmesan.
Keto Cheddar Crackers
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 8 ounces shredded extra sharp cheddar
- 3 ounces shredded parmesan and more for sprinkling
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a microwave proof bowl, add the mozzarella, cream cheese and heat until melted but not bubbly, about 2 minutes, then gently stir
- To the mozzarella mixture add the cheddar, parmesan, egg, almond flour, salt, and baking powder
- Mix with your hand until a cohesive dough forms
- Roll the dough thinly between two sheets of parchment paper. Cut the dough into squares (about an inch)
- Place squares on lined baking sheet and shred parmesan over them (optional)
- Place in over and bake approx 7-8 minutes of until golden brown. Repeat with remaining dough
- Cool crackers on cooling rack. Store at room temp in open containerENJOY!!!
Don’t they look delicious? Store them in an open container so they don’t get soft.
Let me know if you’ve made/altered this recipe and how it worked out for you, and if you love it don’t forget to rate it at the bottom of this post❤️❤️❤️