*Please note, the following post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” Disclaimer
I’ve been doing Keto for about 3 weeks now( hey, everyone is doing it, why not me?😉) and had made this delicious eggplant dip/spread (get recipe here) but wanted something to put it on besides vegetables, and decided to give this keto bagel recipe a try. This uses the Fathead Dough recipe which I’ve made before but turned into cinnamon rolls. I have to say they are pretty satisfactory for being low carb. My daughter loved them with cream cheese. You can also make them into a disc shape if you prefer to use as a bun for sandwich/burger, the only difference is instead of rolling the pieces and closing them at the end (like a ring) you would roll each piece into a ball and slightly flatten, then bake. I found that working with the dough quick will prevent the “rings” from ripping when the dough has cooled too much. You can also toast these the next day to reheat, or you can pop them in the oven at 400F for few minutes.
I sprinkled parmesan on some of the bagels, and smoked sea salt flakes on others.
- 16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese full fat
- 2 eggs large
- 3 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 3 minutes in 1 minute increments until melted but not bubbling.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add the eggs, almond flour, and baking powder.
- Gently knead until a dough forms(it will be sticky)
- Let cool for about 5 minutes
- Roll the dough into a ball and cut into 4 equal pieces. Cut each piece into 3 equal pieces(now you have 12 equal pieces)
- Oil your hands and roll each piece into a small rope and pinch ends together to form a ring. Continue with the rest of the pieces of dough
- If you choose to put toppings on your bagels, brush each bagel with egg wash (an egg thats been whisked) and sprinkle your favorite toppings on top. I used parmesan cheese and smoked sea salt flakes(not on the same bagels)
- Pop in the oven and bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown
How many carbs, protein, fat, etc. does each bagel have? My hubby has been doing Keto now for about 3 weeks and I’m trying to find Keto friendly carb sub’s for him, but I know he’s going to as me about that stuff. I’ve found “Cloud Bread” which he LOVES, but I know he loves his cream cheese and locks bagels and he’s tried to replicate it on the cloud bread and it’s too thin.
Carbs 6 g
Fiber 3 g
Fat 21 g
Hope your hubby likes them!
Wow, hard to believe these have no flour in them. Need to try them! 🙂
They are go
They are good considering what they are made of, they are better toasted the next day
Good to know! 🙂